Monday, August 10, 2009

Stories heard at church

Yesterday at mom and dad's church a couple people came up to me to tell me a few stories about dad.

Kara T. told me how she would order 50 pound bags of Idaho potatoes from someone.  When they would arrive, the first person she called was DH.  "I've got some Idaho spuds here for you!"  In true DH fashion he would say "Wonderful! I'll be right there!"  Then Kara said that he'd show up in record amount of time, "What did you do, drive 50 mph here?"  Knowing dad, he probably did.  :)

Another woman A.F. told me that her husband, who served in the Bishopric with dad, died 6 years ago.  She said that she knows that he was probably right there with the rest of the family welcome party, lined up to give hugs to dad as he passed through the veil.  Oh, what a party they are probably still having over there!  I know that.   A.F. told me that after her husband died, DH would leave messages on her answering machine in that sing-song voice of his, "A.F!  D Henry here.  I love you.  Give me a call."  When her daughter was going through messages she said in a worried tone to her mom, "Who is this man?"  A.F. would laugh and say, "OH!  You've got to meet him someday!"  But unfortunately the daughter never did.  It probably is because of dad's efforts and show of unconditional love that A.F. returned to the gospel.

No comments: