Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1 year anniversary


How can it have already been one year since dad's passing? Here are some thoughts that have been shared this day... (putting them all into one spot).

(From my Facebook status:) We miss your random phone calls. Your "I've been thinking...". Your infectous laugh and unyielding optimism. Your love of family, heritage, and the gospel. Though we are glad that you are our guardian angel. My boys need that!
~LaReita

-------

Henry Leavitt Family,

I was thinking about Uncle Henry today. Just wanted to let you know that I love you. I am grateful to have known Uncle Henry. He truly was a man without guile. As I think about his influence in my life, I miss him more everday.

You're the Greatest.

Love,
Ruth
---------

Thank you for your kind words Ruth. Being in the temple and being with family made the day go by a little easier.

Often I think about what Dad would have done or how he would have handled a particular situation and I am grateful for all his wisdom that he passed along.

Mom and I truly felt Dad at the temple today. I didn't get any particular message, but felt strongly that Dad is watching out for all of us and that he is keeping an eye on his Grandchildren.

Wyn
--------

It was an interesting day. But he has left us a legacy of so many things. He left a wake in his path for us to follow.

LaMont
------

We all love Henry!

DeeAn
--------

LaReita and I spent some beautiful time in the temple together today. Mom seemed pleased that she had gone with Wyn. Mom told me that Peter (DeeAn's husband) told her to say "Hi" to Henry for him.

Lynette
--------

This picture was taken just off to the side of a road [in Maui]. Your parents didn't understand why everyone was laughing at them until they saw the picture.
I miss your dad!! It doesn't seem possible for it to have been a year, and yet is seems like an eternity since I have heard his warm heart felt voice saying so many of the things he did!!
- Debe J.

----
Debe, thank you so much for sending these pictures. They were a hoot! (A phrase dad liked to use.) Yes, time is sure funny. It seems so long, but not really. Darn linear time. Perhaps after the veil is lifted some of that linear time is also lifted. Interesting to think about. "Now isn't that a pregnant thought?!" Another one of dad's sayings. :)
~LaReita




Waiting at the airport during the Maui/Hawaii trip (May 28, 2002). This is so classic of dad. "I'm tired. I'm going to lie down for a minute." And pretty soon you hear him snoring. Didn't care where he was. Just listened to his body and did what it took. And there's mom, patiently waiting with him!

No comments: