Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 4: Mid-day report

I just finished a 2 hour physical therapy session. Had a great practice session with some excellent physical therapists. Learning how to train my right side to remember how to walk. With just a little help I walked up and down the 50 foot hall. Now their concern is that I'm getting too confident!

Nobody sees any visual effects as I'm sitting down. My cheek is just a tad numb, like I've been to the dentist. But it's not a visual (or aural) effect. The reading is getting better as well. Don't know exactly where my arms and legs are on my right side, but it's making progress. As I'm talking here, I'm moving my arm back and forth so it remembers the movements.

They just gave me a chair alarm because I'm getting too cocky for my own good. My therapy team accuse me of “being a little impulsive.” (big chuckle)

Today is my last day in the hospital. This afternoon I go to the HealthSouth Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital for continued therapy. Will be there for an unknown amount of time. One or two weeks while I practice using the right side of my body.

I'm so excited what I'm able to do this last hour!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Uncle Henry,
Keep up your progress! It sounds like you are doing exceptionally well. We are praying for you. We love you!
Love,
Carolyn and Greg Thompson

Dave L. Hyde said...

hey dhl, remember in the mid-late 80's when I was still in Homedale you woke me up in the middle of the night with a terrible belly ache due the an excess amount of cherry eatin and I rushed you to the ER? Since you are still under a dr. care, Do you want some cherries?